Old July 11th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default A '78 With Only 80 For 26

On 7/11/2012 15:42, john wrote:
> " > wrote in message
>> Would you buy it?
>>
>> http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...-2/?refer=news
>>
>> Patrick

> tires have to be new, they would have rotted,

The current tires on my Thunderbird were purchased in about 1980 and
still holding air.

> the car must have been on blocks for 30+years
> How did they keep it from rusting inside for 30+ years ?
>
> Engine bay was painted probably the rest of the car was too.
>
> All the wiring would be stiff as heck, brittle.

Most of the vast majority of the wiring on my Mustang is not nor is
my Thunderbird.

> looks like aftermarket steering wheel

Looks right to me, but if it is, someone went way out of their way
to get that Ghia thing in the center...
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0122_large.jpg

> gas system will be full of gunk

Where are you getting all this? It hasn't been driven enough to get
water in the tank.