Old February 28th 12, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
David T. Johnson

Default OBD-2

The older Saturns are OBD1, not OBD2. Most basic scanners read only
OBD2 codes but you can get the more expensive model that will also read
OBD1. As you say, though, you can still extract the trouble codes via
the blinking light method and you are not going to get much more than
the trouble codes anyway with OBD1, even if you get an OBD1 scanner.
The OBD2 protocol lets you read a lot of other stuff besides trouble
codes. All newer cars (including newer Saturns) are OBD2.

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and Sea Monkey 1.5a