Old February 5th 11, 07:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Winter

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
> That drilling must be worth a lot.

Got it while I was in Belgium, try that some time. Shipping wasn't
much but it took nearly 3 months to clear. Would never had made it if
my neighbor hadn't been the head of our overseas shipping and a gun
nut to boot. You better be wearing cotton gloves to handle it or you
get to clean the engraving. The clock I brought back bought my '72
Corvette.

> My favorites in my collection are a Colt Python and a Sweet 16.

Only have 4 Colts worth much and 2 have tripled or more in value in 12
years, my SAA will never be worth more that I have in it. The1908, .32
I found in a wall wrapped in oil cloth back in 1950s while remodeling
a house.

> I drove my 64 yesterday with no carb rebuild. Apparently the seals
> in the carb dry out and make the engine run rough. Get gas in the
> carb, wait one week for the seals to soften and swell and it runs
> just fine. I am pleased with that. I will still get the gaskets at
> the next swap meet so I will have the parts to rebuild when I feel
> like it.

Don't look for a rebuild to do you much good as far as seals, the open
air carburetors just allow the fuel to flash off, plus the '64 is a
vented fuel system. Today's rebuild kits are required, not NOS as the
rubber seals are not compatible with today's fuel. I finally made a
Teflon cup for my accelerator pump just to keep it from falling on its
face on acceleration. If you can get someone to re-bush the shafts,
helps more than the rebuild will.