Old May 30th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default God bless the troops that protect us.

Marty_U > wrote in news:447bb471@user-4jkyi8khqn.:

> "Poll of troops in Iraq sees 72% support for withdrawal within a year.
>
> Seventy-two percent of troops on the ground in Iraq think U.S. military
> forces should get out of the country within a year, according to a Zogby
> poll released Tuesday."

how nice. I'm sure when the Military is run as a democracy then the
results of such a poll would be relevant. Without knowing the internals of
such a poll, the numbers are meaningless. I can site the record numbers of
re-inlistments as just as valid or non-valid a number as the above poll.

for example..
Question: If the Iraqi Military/Police proved they could defend the
populace, would you want to leave
Iraq by the end of the year?

for example:
Question: Since we all know there will be no victory in Iraq, do you want
to leave by year's end or wait til the politicians feel they have run out
of Grunts to kill?

for example:
Question. Do you agree with President Bush's plan to reduce troop strength
as the Iraqi Goverment proves it can defend it's people? If so, would you
hope this was possible by year's end?

for example:
Question. If you knew the Iranian backed insurgents would have free reign
to murder possibly millions of Iraqis after a premature US pullout. would
you still want to leave by year's end?

for example:
Question. If you knew this topic was out of the realm of this newsgroup
and you continued to post anyway, would you therefore expect everyone else
to be just as frivolous with any rule and therefore our soldiers would be
completely justified in any action they took against any group?

dave henrie