Old May 30th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default God bless the troops that protect us.

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in

> It is the bad soldier that kills children and the innocent
>
> It is the bad soldier that spreads homosexuality in Iraq
>
> It is the bad soldier that inspires people to level things like
> the twin
> towers
>
> etc, etc, etc

The first one I agree.

The second one, I have no knowledge and don't understand why
homesexuality is bad to spread. Now..Aids..that is different.
From what read of Abu Graib..it was Iraqi men raping Iraqi
young men at the wink and nod of America.

The third one...I don't see the connection. Bin Laden's beef was
with having Infidels stationed in the Holy Land(Saudi Arabia) And
having the Saudi Prince choose America to defend them instead of the
Mujahadeen(sp?) Other Wahabi terrorists have used our decadent lifestyle
as reason enough to destroy and kill. The al-qaida group was attacking
because we are the USA, not because we are USA Soldiers. While they did
strike directly at US military, (USS Cole, The Khobar Towers) they also
directed attacks at symbols of the US goverment, like the two embassies
in
Africa that were bombed and...one might argue...the two separate attacks
on
the Twin Towers. So a bad soldier is just as much a symbol of the
Goverment as a good soldier. To groups like Al Quaida, there is zero
difference. And most of these attacks took place against a Democratic
President, they do not care about our petty distinctions. It is the USA
they attack because we are the USA, not because a Republican President
is in power, or, as shown above, a Democratic one.

I figure we will see several Murder trials resulting from the
Hadifa shootings. Already there have been officers that have been
releived of command.(a career death sentence if nothing else) The
actions of the 'bad' soldiers will be punished. I doubt though, that
the punishments of the Marines will sate the hatred of the military by
many.

I work in an industry that is flooded with retired Vetrans, and they
span the gamut of good to bad. As with ANY group, beit Middle Eastern
Madrassa Teachers, Politicians, citizens, and even college educated
proffesionals, there will be evil in every group. Joining the Army does
not guarentee there are no bad apples, just as joining a political party
does not guarentee that all the elected officials will be motivated to
act in the best interests of their constituants.

I will end this by declaring my support of the United States Soldier.
I do not hate them, I am not any more disgusted of their actions than I
am of any group. I marvel at the sacrifices they make on my behalf.

dave henrie