Old December 28th 05, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1994 Plymouth Acclaim check engine light

> wrote in message
> The check engine light keeps coming on in my girlfriends Acclaim. It has
> oil and coolant. What else could be causing the light to come on?

Thanks.

In my experience, the CE light often reflects a condition such as a sensor
input
which is out of range of what the control module accepts as normal.
The sensor may be bad, or an engine condition may be present which generates
a sensor
signal which then trips the check engine sequence..

Could be a lot of things. Don't throw parts at it..Have someone scan it for
you,
or take it to a mechanic who can diagnose the problem exactly.