Old September 6th 14, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Hard Start After Fuel Pump Replacement

This is my last post to this thread. I wanted to let everyoine know that as suspected, the replacement fuel pump module I purchased was indeed defective. I convinced the Internet supplier from whom I had purchased it, to send me a replacement pump. I installed it and now all is well again on the family minivan!

The new pump generates 51 PSI when running. When I shut down the engine, the pressure dropped immediately to 45 PSI. An hour after the engine was shut down, it still read 44 PSI. This seems to be working as intended. While it was a PITA to drain and drop the tank twice, I was much faster the second time around and I am glad it fixed the problem!

Thanks to all for their feedback and assistance.

Bob