Old August 26th 14, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Hard Start After Fuel Pump Replacement

I am re-posting a reply I received on the Minivan forum from dmccrea:

Is your fuel pump an Airtex?

On another Dodge Caravan related forum, it was shared with me by several members with similar symptoms that their problem was their fuel pump they had recently replaced. They had used Airtex fuel pumps and Airtex as of late has had quality issues. They replaced their Airtex pumps with an alternate pump manufacturer and their problems were solved. I am going back to vender who sold me the Airtex fuel pump back in December (they no longer sell Airtex) and get a Delphi under the same warrantee.

Anyone have any comments on this statement regarding Airtex fuel pumps? I do believe this is the manufacturer of the reppacement I had used and seems to support what I am seeing.

Bob