Old July 25th 10, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> Sorry. My wife is recovering from a hip replacement in June and
> previously had both knees replaced. When the pain from the hip
> surgery ebbs away, she will be free to concentrate on her
> arthritic back, for which I'm afraid will be no cure. She will
> have her mobility back, at least. That's something. A lot,
> actually.

Yes, it is and I'm glad it's working for her!

I've been searching ebay and Craig's List for a used spine but I
haven't found any so far. I keep looking......

Yesterday, I began not just one but two things I thought I'd NEVER DO,
both on my list of stuff to avoid at all costs but.... I reached a
point that a funky shoulder caused so much pain and misery I've not
been able to sleep for several weeks and I finally visited the urgent
care center and, after a long discussion with the doctor and exrays of
my neck showing the thoracic spine has degenerated as much as the
lumbar spine I yielded to the thoughts of wonderful, pain free days and
began a program of steroids and oxycodone.

Relief was almost immediate, I slept all night last night and the
shoulder is, to a great extent, working again, the back is better than
it's been in years and....

As you can see, I've typed a bunch and my hands don't hurt at all! I
know I've just started the steroids (Prednisone), we'll see where the 7
day program leaves me.... Most of my objections to narcotics and
steroids are overcome by the fact that both are VERY short term
programs for me (at this point.)

Better living through chemistry!

The Usenet Improvement Project: