Old March 31st 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Pedestrian Killed by Unmarked Police Car

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Jaybird would assume that the cop was responding to a call or had some
> VERY good reason for responding at high speed without lights or siren.

Like tonight's speeding c(r)ook county sherrif.. (unmarked cruiser in
c(r)ook county with sherrif plates so I assume it was a c(r)ook county
cop, driver in uniform but I couldn't get a good enough view to read any
patches)

I am doing 35 in 35 when this guy races up to my bumper and swings
around. He's doing about 50mph. I catch up two him at two different red
lights. I take off faster than him on purpose and stop accelerating
exactly at 35mph... both times he goes by me accelerating to 50mph. I
lose sight of him as I get caught by light and he goes into the faster
section. A number of miles down the road I catch up to him again thanks
to a frieght train. He's way up at the front of the queue but I can see his
cruiser up there. He had been there long enough that he was frustrated
from waiting and does a U-turn.

I am sure jaybird will say he must have had an emergency to get to... never
mind I was making the same time over several miles at the posted limit.....