Old June 7th 16, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Location of Coolant Temp Sensor - 1995 F150 4.9L I6

I also have a 95 f150 4.9. Its on the passenger side near the firewall right in between the intake manifold and exhaust manifold. You can get to it if you turn the wheels all the way to the left and get to it through the wheel well. I'm not a small guy and was just barely able to get to it. One word of caution. Make sure your engine is cold. Coolant will come out of the hole once removed. Learned that the hard way. It's only one wire connected to it. Was a little hard to pull off but it'll come.