Old March 4th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1998 Mustang GT Factory Alarm Randomness - Help me disable it.

Hey Chuck,

I think I can tell you what is wrong, and you can benefit from what cost me
a ****load to have diagnosed.
I had a 98 Cobra, same thing. I would walk away and it would go off or it
would be parked in the garage and all of a sudden it was hollering.

I took it in and had it diagnosed. The found the sensor in the deck lid was
bad and wanted !165 for the parts plus some awful amount to install it. I
unplugged it and the thing never went off again.

That sensor is located where the latch is in the deck lid. Try unplugging
yours. If that doesn't solve it, go on to the other sensors one at a time. I
still have the service CD for that year model and can email you the
schematics if you can give me a good address. At least I THINK I can,
sometimes it's a PITA to get stuff out of it.

Kate

"Chuck" > wrote in message
ups.com...
: Hi all,
:
: I have a 1998 Mustang GT that the factory alarm triggers randomly and
: for no apparent reason. Just this morning it went off AGAIN and we had
: a neighbor in our front yard already complaining about it- this time.
: So I desperately need help and suggestions in what to do to turn this
: thing off or disable it. I had been leaving my car unlocked but that's
: not a great solution.
:
: I'd like to be able to turn off the factory alarm but maintain the
: keyless remote, but that's a side note right now.
:
: Can someone explain to me how I can turn off or disable the factory
: alarm?
:
: Sincerely,
: Chuck