Old May 3rd 05, 04:42 AM
Dan Smith

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
news:f7Cde.1260$sy6.76@lakeread04...

> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> >

> > GEEEEZ!!! You're running at 35psi all the way around??? Are you
> > suicidal???
> >
> > You're tires are probably rated at a maximum of 35psi. That's fine if
> > you're just going to leave it parked in the garage or in the shade.
> >
> > You put yourself in the car and the pressure goes up. You drive for

more
> > than a couple of minutes and the pressure goes up more. You're probably
> > driving around with close to 38psi in tires rated at 35psi.
> >
> > Where in the world did you get the idea that this was an OK thing to

do???
> > Why are you intentionally ignoring the safety ratings of your tires and

> the
> > car manufacturers recommendations???
> >

> dude calm down..its obvious you are no tire tech so maybe read your

sidewall
> sometime...the max psi is listed as a cold temp....this pressure is set

with
> a tollerance for an increase in pressure due to heat....it is not uncommon
> to gain up to 5-6 psi in summer weather on the interstate, and the tire
> manufacturers know it.....so don't have a stroke, your point is not only
> wrong, but basically pointless....(BTW "put yourself in the car the

pressure
> goes up" is incorrect too...the max weight is also what the max pressure

is
> designed for...sheesh...)

So Joey, are you saying the tire manufacturer knows more about the air
pressure I should have in my tires than the car manufacturer knows? Hardly!

My point is 35psi is a lot of pressure over the recommended front tire
pressure on the car. Are you saying this is OK? Because it's not. It's
flat out dangerous. It's almost double the recommended pressure. It's
unsafe. It's WRONG!

So don't tell me my point is wrong.