Old April 8th 06, 03:35 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default central locking problem trunk/boot won't unlock 1994 4-door e36

I don't knoiw about the central locking, but it sounds to me like you are
trying to unlock the trunk using the Valet Key. The valet key will not open
the trunk, and if the trunk is locked the right way, it won't respond to the
central locking anyway.

lkaboutautos.com...