Old October 17th 18, 04:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ed Pawlowski

Default Homework 10 home automotive repairs starting from an oil changeand ending with engine replacement

On 10/16/2018 11:22 PM, Drago Giambattista Esposito wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski
>> I see no mention of spark plugs.

> I forgot all about spark plugs!
> Even though they last 100K miles, they need to be replaced.
>
> I think I'll remove the struts because someone said that struts and brakes
> don't go together (although don't struts need to be replaced as much as
> spark plugs do?).
>
> I'll definitely add spark plugs to a generic all-purpoe "tune up" even
> though a "tune up" doesn't seem to exist as a "thing" any more.
> That "tune up" will include the filters and spark plugs and wipers and
> anything "rubbery" like hoses. With that tune up can be the simple stuff
> with putting air in tires and topping off fluids.
>
> Would that work better?

That helps.

Tune up used to mean plugs, points, set the timing. That was done every
10,000 miles.
You may want to look at the owners manual of just about any car for
maintenance intervals.