Old October 22nd 04, 03:28 AM
Ed Rubin

Ted Azito wrote:
> "fanie" > wrote in message >...
>
>>If you are in the UK then post to alt.fan.landrover. They are more dedicated
>>to LR and since this group is mostly north american, they do not even have
>>access to Tdi and TD5 landrovers.
>>

> I'm in the US and thinking about importing a TDi for a swap into a
> non-Rover vehicle. If I understand correctly this is a VM-made direct
> injected ,but not common rail engine? We are getting a common rail VM
> in the Liberty but I would rather have a mechanical engine.
>
> The gas and diesel Rover engines shared a block but were heavy and
> not very powerful if I remember right. (Nor terribly reliable.)

You're getting your diesels slightly mixed up. The LR 200tdi and 300tdi
are Rover made direct injected diesels using a block derived from the
old Land Rover 2.25 engine (if you are doing this in a Land Rover it's
worth noting that the 200tdi has the same engine mounts and bell housing
bolt pattern as the old ones and the 300 is slightly different) The VM
was an Italian made engine used in Range Rovers from 86-92. None of them
are common rail, although some 300tdi engines are electronically
controlled (Dicovery w/ auto )