Old April 16th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Tegger

Default Best washer fluid for insect splats?

wrote in news:1176676505.439279.304780
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> I do alot of summer driving through insect infested highways.
> The standard bug wash doesnt seem to work effectively enough.
> Is there a better product or homemade concoction that works better?
> Thanks

Insects leave a gummy residue. You need to dissolve that residue before the
bugs will wash off easily.

Soak some paper towels in a mix of dish detergent and water. Lay them flat
over top of the bugs, then wait an hour or so. Remove and attempt to wash
the bugs off. If they're still stubbornly stuck, give it another hour.

This should take care of most of the gunk.

--
Tegger