Old October 7th 04, 11:18 PM
Kirk Matheson

"CenturyTek" > wrote in message t>...
> I completed the change a couple days ago. Vehicle starts, runs fine. After
> 15-20 minutes on the road the speedometer becomes erratic, fluctuating
> rapidly up and down, eventually after about a minute, settles to zero, where
> it remains until the vehicle is stopped and allowed to sit for a while. The
> auto shifting becomes irregular after the speedometer with higher than
> normal revs being required when it does finally change.
> A 30 minute cooldown period allows the vehicle to perform correctly for
> about another 15-20 minutes at which time the erratic behavior happens
> again.
> I have seen posts indicating the eeprom might need a reflash.
> Does anyone have any ideas about this problem?
> TIA
> CenturyTek

Sounds like a speed sensor problem, or the connections to it. Did the
transmission get changed with the engine or is it the original? When I
had my transmission rebuilt almost two years ago, something happened
to the sensor as a result of the transmission removal/installation.
The speedometer was erratic, or inoperative. I probably should have
gone back to the original shop to have them make it good, but I did it
myself in the interest of time.

-Kirk Matheson