Old April 20th 12, 03:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Starting Issue with 2001 C5

"aRKay" > wrote in message
>I have a starting issue with my 2001 C5. The battery is good and the
> starter has been replaced.

Why do you believe the battery is good? What kind of voltage does it
have and how good are the cold cranking amps?

>When I turn the key to start, there has been
> a few seconds delay until the starter kicks over. I think this is
> allow time to check and cut off lights etc to give max cranking amps
> to the starter. Last night I moved the key to start and after a few
> seconds the light went out and the amp meter (on the dash) dropped
> back but the starter never kicked over. I am starting to suspect a
> computer module is screwing up. I was about to call for the wrecker
> this morning and it is now starting.
>
> How do you reset the computer that controls the starting sequence?

Unhook the battery for more than just a few seconds. Not sure how much
that would help as it just allows the computer to reset running
parameters, like fuel trim etc.

> I just check the codes and got one that may mean something
>
> 40-BCM B0432H

B0432 Rear Defogger Relay Circuit

> and
> 99-HVAC- BO348 and V1000H

B0348 Sunload Temperature Sensor Open

If you mis-typed the V1000H as there are no "V" codes, B1000H means
ECU Malfunction.

> What does 40-BCM BO432H mean???

You need a decision tree to trace the problem and then it does not
mean in this case the ECU is bad. It can mean circuit is broken, like
a connection is loose, corroded, or a bad ground.