Old February 2nd 06, 01:54 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

manual though is not accessible tonight, its in the back of the garage
somewhere behind the car and I have to move the car to get at it and I've
had a drink so it will remain there until tomorrow, I only have 2 inches
either side of the car when I pull it out and I don't actually want to
scratch it!

Paul
"pdpass" > wrote in message
> I have a Haynes manual with test procedures etc if you would like me to

scan
> it and mail it to you if what I have suggested doesn't help
>
> Paul
>
> Take out the spaces in the email address to email me directly
> "pdpass" > wrote in message
> > Just thought of something else. Are all of the wires connected

especially
> > the idle valve. They could be corroded check them just pulling them off

> and
> > refitting a couple of times might help.
> >
> > The rotor arm actually usually actually works the other way it will

start
> > when cold but not hot, however I have had similar problems, I still

think
> it
> > might be the fuel relay. Don't forget that once it gets going it has to

> keep
> > up the pressure and that takes more power to do so, so still try the

> bypass
> > that I suggested mine also had the cold start issue. Just tapping the

> relay
> > sometimes was enough during cranking to get it to start. If this has

been
> > going on a while it is likely to have carbon deposits etc. You could

> always
> > take it out and take off the cover and have a look inside and see for
> > yourself.
> >
> > By the way if it is make sure you buy the 5 cyl relaynot the 4 cylinder

> > think there is an over rev cutout that will kill the engine at lower

revs
> if
> > you get the wrong one.
> >

> > PAul
> >

> > "sealdogfish" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > I also forgot to mention that the car does start every three days or

so