Old July 19th 14, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

Default C7

Dad wrote:

> "Blue C5" > wrote in message
>> I had the opportunity to get a look at the C7 in town. Our first
>> (small town). It seems as though the roof has been dropped down. My
>> imagination?
>>
>> Bob Drake

> Height of the C5 47.7 inches, C6 47.7 inches, the C7 is 48.8 inches, any
> of then setting in the Corvette museum minus 38 feet..

....maybe this is why I've been having a really hard time warming up to
the C7. We have a couple of them in town, and I've visited them at
dealers, and I just flat don't like them. They seem "taller" and
boxy...and now I know why - they are taller. And I seem to be really
sensitive to what color does for the lines of the car.

The pictures I've seen of the new Z06 do look "right" to me...because
they are wider and that makes them look as low as they should be, I
think. But there's no way I'd own a C7 Z06 because of the carbon
brakes...just plain too much of an expense on the upkeep for my driving
style.

Maybe a C7 Gran Sport?..maybe...

--
- Rufus