Old October 13th 08, 01:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default e34 95 525i oil leak behind oil filter cup housing

On Oct 11, 8:58*am, "Bob Smitter" > wrote:
> "bfd" > wrote:
>
> *Do you really need to replace the oil filter housing? Why can't you
> just replace the gasket? For example, looking at the following
> diagram, would replacing gasket #8 solve the problem?
>
> http://bmwfans.info/original/E34/Lim...995/07/mg-11/i...
>
> The gasket is not what is leaking. *You will need a new one when/if
> you replace the housing. *The leak is from an area that was used
> during manufacture and then supposedly permanently sealed. *As I
> said, I know of no fix. *Believe me, I have had the same leak and the
> solution is the answer I am giving you.

thank you some much for the image... The reason why I thought I had to
change the entire housing is because i had no idea of what I was
seeing in the tiny mirror.. now I have a better idea of what it looks
like I know what I could do..... thank you very much for your help....
so far this is the best help I got from this site