Old October 11th 08, 01:58 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bob Smitter

Default e34 95 525i oil leak behind oil filter cup housing

"bfd" > wrote:
Do you really need to replace the oil filter housing? Why can't you
just replace the gasket? For example, looking at the following
diagram, would replacing gasket #8 solve the problem?

http://bmwfans.info/original/E34/Lim...1/ill-11_1288/

The gasket is not what is leaking. You will need a new one when/if
you replace the housing. The leak is from an area that was used
during manufacture and then supposedly permanently sealed. As I
said, I know of no fix. Believe me, I have had the same leak and the
solution is the answer I am giving you.