Old September 25th 04, 02:01 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article
Roger Ehrlich - Alumni-2004 > wrote:

> - changed fuel filter

Good.

> - cleaned carbon out of throttle body with carb cleaner (was
> O2 sensor safe), and there was alot of carbon...

Good. you might want to just remove and clean again to get EVERYTHING.
It's 2 10mm bolts and unplugging the cables. Really easy, at least on
the dual hamster models.

> - replaced vacuum hose between throttle body and crank case, old one was
> weak & almost ready to collapse. (fuel/PCV line hose 11/32" ID, 50 PSI)

Weird.

> -used STP concentrated fuel injector cleaner in gas tank.

Maybe it did something. I don't trust those things though.

> -spark plugs were gapped & changed last summer.

Ooooo.

> -replace air filter

Good too.

> It could be the ...
> -EGR valve

Maybe.

> -ignition wires

*ding!*

Change those first. I bet the problem goes away. Mine was like this
too, i changed the wires - ran a LOT better. It just feels like it's
missing or hesitating every now and then, randomly? or, at low RPM, as
the RPM increases, it suddenly 'kicks in'?

> -cap and rotor

None - it's a DIS system. A coil per plug.

> -MAF/MAP sensor (where are these located?)

No MAF. MAP is on the intake manifold. I'm not sure about the single
hamster motors, but the two hamster ones have it to the left end of the
manifold.

> any suggestions?

Replace the plug wires. Do it first. I bet it fixes it.