Old January 21st 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
nofalt

Default SPS spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4

> I measured the SPS wires I have again. Wire 4 is 367 Ohms, Wire 1 is
> 597 Ohms. Haven't yet measured Wires 2 and 3. Assuming that I'm not
> measuring the resistance incorrectly (put one multimeter probe in one
> end of the wire, and the other probe in the other end), should I be
> worried about very low resistance? A visual check of the wires while
> the engine is running indicates that there's no arcing along wires,
> i.e., no worn insulation.

I am sure BläBlä will chime in here (and hope he does..do you
agree??) but did you move the wire(s) while you were checking them?
Somtimes a wire will check good but have a crack in them and it shows
up if you slightly move the wires in a snake like fashion. DON'T bend
them in half but just gently wiggle them with the meter attatched. If
the reading changes up and down you have a bad wire or the on set of a
bad wire.
Just a suggestion
Rob