Old January 16th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Default SPS spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4

> I am glad that you are fortunate to have good luck with the
> double plats, really I am. Now with additude you display are you
> trying to convince me or yourself that the more money you spend the
> better they are??

Define better because at no point did I make such a statement. However
the few bucks more you spend on platinums the more money and time you
will save in the long term. If that is what you mean by better then yes
they are better.

> I wasn't presenting an argument at all. I was simply
> passing on information compliled from a very informative, invaluable
> websight on Saturns. If you hit the www.satrunfans.com websight then
> you can read all the testomonies about people and the problems they
> have had with the plats. I don't claim to know a thing...which I am

Yes I've been to that site many times. And other people there have had
no issues running platinums. I've also see those few people who said
problems were caused by "waste spark"... You should question their
credibility if that's what they think their problems stem from.

> sure you will agree, again I was simply passing on info.
> Again let me re-state I am glad you are fortunate to have good luck
> with any Plats.

Just to be clear I asked who feed you that crap, at no point did I say
you were full of crap. You can pass on information but if it is faulty I
am going to challenge it. Northstars, 3800's, 3100's, 3400's, etc etc
etc all have had Waste Spark ignition systems with Double Platinum plugs
from the factory. I can't remember replacing any of the factory double
platinum plugs in them any sooner than 70k miles. So I guess GM has also
had a lot of "luck" with them as well. ;-)