Old May 19th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default is the 3.5L 6 cyl 1994 LHS an interference engine?

In article >,
Bill Putney > wrote:

> Is that true specifically of 94's?

Yes.

> I may have read discussions on this
> in the past in which it was concluded (at least by some) that certain
> years were iterference, others were not (even though the Gates guide
> shows them all as interfeence).

The Gates book has its share of errors.
(in this case, errors sell timing belts)

I've replaced scores of these belts and not a one ever bent a
valve. That is more than a coincidence.

My Mitchell On Demand lists the 3.5 as a non-interference engine,
it also lists the 3.2 as an interference engine. The Mitchell
text is direct from ChryCo.

The engine has been out what, 13 years now, yet I have yet to see
anyone post a complaint of a 3.5 with bent valves in -any-
appropriate newsgroup, plenty of incidences posted for other
engines that -are- interference though.