Old February 25th 13, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
"cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring BADLY.
"cockpitLookDeadZone" should be at 0.000000. It looks like this is
another "invention" of iRacing/Papyrus that messes FFB big time, messes it
BADLY. Those people DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING *at all*. My god.
Well, this is the biggest thing that I've found out so far. Along
with the finding of the unlinearity, this is the most important, also. Those
two things mess out FFB BIG TIME.
I also figured out that Centering Spring slider should be at 100%.
Well, this leaves me with five other sliders.
Regarding driver's sliders, I am not sure. It could be that Spring
and Damper should be at 100%, or Spring/Damper times Overall should be 100%.
Regarding in-game sliders, I am pretty sure that Damping should be
at 50%. Strength should be either at 50% (which is 30.0), or at 50.0.
I had enough of testing for now, so I didn't figure out yet. But now
that I've figured out this "cockpitLookDeadZone"/Centering Spring thing,
everything will be easier. I'll just use some tricky conditions, like
Dallara at Mid-Ohio, and this should show pretty clear what's going on.

Now I am using 125/100/100/100, and in-game 30.0/50%. This is good
baseline setting. I'll see if there is something to change here.

Hm, it turned out that "cockpitLookDeadZone" works well if Centering
Spring is at the same value as Overall. So, I determined the
"cockpitLookDeadZone" for my system, and it is 0.022.