Old December 7th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ned Flanders

Default Airbag Light

RonP wrote:

> "Ned Flanders" > wrote in message
>> RonP wrote:
>>> Hello, need some help. Have a 97 SC2 and had it up for sale.
>>> Daughter left the windows open and we got a deluge rainstorm
>>> overnight and the next day, it had three to four inches of water
>>> inside. To make matters worse, we had a flight several hours later
>>> out of the country so the car was secured and we left. We came back
>>> a week later and the inside of the car was soaked. It's dried out
>>> now, but since the water, the airbag light is on. I tried to reset
>>> it by unhooking the battery as well has having Autozone try to reset
>>> it like they can with check engine lights, but to no avail.
>>>
>>> How can I get this light reset? IT's a $800 car that I don't want to
>>> take to the dealer.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Does this model have a sensor in the passenger seat that senses a
>> passenger and switches on the passenger side air bag?
>>
>> If so it may still be wet or damaged and thus causing the error.

> Thanks. It doesn't appear so.

Did the steering wheel get wet? Again, I am not familiar with this
model, but when the check airbag light came on in my 91 Mustang I had to
replace the clock spring in the steering column to fix it.

Have you tried posting your question to http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/ ?

Good luck!