Old October 23rd 04, 10:45 PM
Thomas G. Marshall

Seth coughed up:
> "Thomas G. Marshall"
> . com> wrote in
> message news:g4Aed.677$PZ4.660@trndny07...
>> Thomas G. Marshall coughed up:

>> In my haste, I goofed that up of course. I'm expecting infinite
>> resistance,
>> and instead and receiving 8. (?), which indicates /some/ sort of
>> connection
>> between the two.

> What reading do you get with the ignition in the on/run position?
>
> Some circuits rather than going open when off, go to ground when off.
> Very important distinction to know to look for when in the business
> of installing alarms and such.

Well, ...... The fuse is /pulled/.

A friend of mine said that cars "in the old days but perhaps still" used to
put capacitors in between the pos and neg of various places in the car to
act as voltage regulators, to smooth out the spikes and valleys.

He's saying that might be supplying the resistance. He also said something
I already knew, that 8 Ohms is suspicious, because it's the resistance of
most speakers.

Any clue here?

--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmal luntilsomeoneramsitupyourn
ose.