Old October 1st 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Default Lucas c40 generator substitute (yes generator - ancient!)

jj > wrote in article >...
> Hello,
>
> Any suggestions for a more modern substitute for the Lucas C40
> generator? This is for a 1960 Series II 109" I'm up for fabing a new
> mounting bracket/arm and fooling with wiring, voltage regulators, etc.
>
> Or is there a source for reasonably priced rebuilt C40s?
> I can live with the 22 Amps.
> I'm in the States.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jay

Are you locked into the idea of keeping a generator for aesthetic purposes,
or would a one-wire, GM alternator work for you?

Still have to make up bracketry, and do a bit of wiring, but it would be a
massive improvement.