Old November 29th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Default IAC connector?

DougW wrote:

> jmaki wrote:
>> I cracked the connector for the idle air control motor on the wiring
>> harness side - 2000 TJ 4.0 L. It still works okay but the retaining
>> tab and half of the weather shielding is missing, so I'm sure it'll
>> give me trouble later. Does anyone know where I can find a
>> replacement connector? I'm assuming the Jeep dealer will want to sell
>> me a whole wiring harness for $$$$... If nothing else I'm sure I can
>> cobble something together but it would be nice to find the right
>> connector.

> Call your local dealer and see if they sell a splice kit for
> that connector. Junk yards are usually unwilling to part with bits
> of a harness unless most of it was crisped in a fire. If the connector
> still looks like mine (and I suspect it does) then you could find one
> from any one the Jeep 4.0 engines.
> http://revbeergoggles.com/tb/tb.html
>
> Possibly these folks. (888) 528-2200
> http://www.chryslerpartsdirect.com/

GM also used a lot of those connectors - try one of the local GM dealers if
Chrysler doesn't work out. If you can get the shell, the pins from the old
one will slip right in - but you'll probably have to destroy the old on to
get them out. Without the (expensive) removal tool, they are a bear to
pull out.

--
Will Honea