Old September 22nd 04, 10:38 PM
SoCalMike

Pars wrote:

>>you suck, caroline
>>
>>its amazing that in just 7 years, the mpg of civics dropped about 10
>>mpg. mu 98 gets about 32 average. i always liked the way that particular
>>generation of civics looked, too... low beltline, wedgy, lots of glass.

> Hey Mike, You're still getting poor mileage on you 98 DX Hatch ??!?!

eh, i dont consider 32 "poor", considering its mostly short city trips.
i think i hit 38 on a trip to laughlin, and IIRC, its rated 32/38. its
also porkier than carolines car, and has a slightly bigger engine.

> I'm getting about about 40mpg (about 650km per fill-up). The fact that
> my 1.6L engine is always running throughtout the day (combo city/hwy)
> and never gets a chance to cool down, does contributes to the above
> average mileage.
>
> Regarding the orginal post, A car that is over a decade old, is going to
> have a very difficult time being broken in, for the winter. Most likely,
> it'll just end up broken...

aside from the O2 sensor, nothing broken in almost 7 years/47k miles.
damn thing better take me to 200k, if i want, or ill be disappointed in
honda