Old September 8th 12, 08:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
S and J

Default Chinese 009 Q.

Hopefully the different spring set up means the Chinese calibrated the non
Bosch spring to suit the non Bosch advance mechanism
.. It shouldnt affect the distributor returning to 7.5 BTDC (or whereever)
though. Its not binding somewhere it it?. Really interested in
how this turns out. I was thinking of getting one myself.

"Mocker" wrote in message

I know, I should have known that you get what you pay for.
but, It is causing hard starting. like it doesn't retard the spark when
hot. I took it apart and on the counter-weighted advance things it has
a spring on each weight. while every old German 009 has only one spring.
and the old ones the spring is not as heavy as the Chinese knock off.
any hints. what'sup?
--
Money ; what a concept!