Old January 4th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 1990 Honda Accord Idle fluctuation

Paul Jr > wrote in news:867dd06e-9649-4f55-8b5f-
:

> I finally got around to trying to fix this again. I removed the 2
> screws and sheet metal cover to check the Fast Idle Valve. I didn't
> feel any suction or airflow and couldn't get the idle to settle down
> by covering the valve seat. Thanks for your help Tegger, but I guess
> the Fast Idle Valve is not the culprit. Does anyone else have any
> other suggestions??
>
> Mostco, the coolant is full.
>
> TE Chea, your link no longer works. Is there a way to test if the
> throttle angle sensor is bad?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Another air-related suggestion: When the car is warm and the idle is
fluctuating, remove the air cleaner pipe to the throttle body. Can you
progressively cover the throttle body with your hand to the point where the
idle settles down?

What happens if you unplug the EACV? That's the idle air control valve
behind the throttle body. Sometimes a stuck-open EACV causes fluctuating
idle.

And did you check the coolant in the rad, not the reservoir?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/