Old April 28th 11, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Sempai

Default 2005 Honda Odyssey Door Lock Issue

On 4/27/11 9:33 PM, Tegger wrote:
> Karl > wrote in
> news:alpine.LFD.2.01.1104271655260.31347@linuxbox. kingstonnet.com:
>
>> My wife just mentioned this (and I have seen it happen before).
>>
>> We usually lock the doors using the lock/unlock switches on the doors
>> (and the drivers side door button). This usually works well, and locks
>> the van.
>>
>> The problem we're noticing is that when using the lock/unlock (and
>> sometimes the keyfob), the ONLY door is the rear drivers sliding door.
>> Everything else doesn't seem to want to work.
>>
>> When I took it to the dealer, the idiot service writer wouldn't even
>> tell me what the issue was and what they did to fix it.
>>
>> If you push the door lock button down on the drivers door, it should
>> lock all the doors. Same thing if you used the lock/unlock switch.
>>
>> The unlock function works fine.
>>
>> I've pressed the lock on the keyfob after looking all the doors
>> manually and I get the honk and see the security system light blink on
>> the dash.
>>
>> Now, how do I fix this?
>>

> The '03-'05 Accord has a similar problem. One cure in that instance is to
> disconnect /both/ battery cables from the battery, hold the cable terminals
> together (OFF the battery!) for 15 seconds, then reinstall them to the
> battery. Apparently the body computer can get confused, and this procedure
> un-confuses it.
>
> Caution: You will lose your radio's security code, so go find the card that
> came with your Owner's Manual /before/ you do this!
>
> If the above does NOT work, then deeper digging is required, and that can
> only be done by a dealer, or somebody with the Honda HDS system. The dealer
> will be looking for B-CAN body DTCs.

Heh, heh, that's some chicken dance!

I bet it's nore likely to work if you hold the terminals together with
your left hand while wearing a Michael Jackson glove and patting the top
of your head with your right hand-- all the while whistling Dixie...

--
"A lion may be king of the jungle, but airdrop him into Antarctica and
he's just a penguin's bitch."

-- James Pickett, 4th PLT, Co. D-2