Old March 1st 13, 01:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Default New Corvette C7 lower cost basic coupe

"Smarty" > wrote in message
> On 2/28/2013 2:05 PM, uncle_vito wrote:
>> "tww1491" > wrote in message
>>> I would guess the "cheap" vette would compete with cars like the 370
>>> Nissan
>>> Z with a commensurate price. Likely come with the standard truck
>>> automatic, a/c, accessories etc. I don't see the point.
>>>
>>> "Smarty" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> http://www.businessinsider.com/chevy...ent=emailshare
>>>

>> I do not see the point either. If you want a cheaper Vette, just by the
>> regular one after it is a few years old.
>>
>> Vito
>>

> GM wants to sell more cars. A lower cost Corvette will attract more
> buyers. GM gains no benefit when somebody buys a 'regular one' when it is
> a few years old.

Yes, but a Corvette is a "prestige" auto. No prestige in buying a cheaper
one. Also GM better watch out. When the fixed window coupe came out
years ago, its chassis stiffness made it the car to buy for max performance.
The cheaper car actually becomes the more desireable one.