Old May 2nd 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
andy-k

Default Mazda3 clunk

Jeroen Feelders wrote:
> Does it have an electrical bootlock? A friend of mine has a MX5 NC
> with an electrical bootlock that made a sound like a bottle of oil
> tips just after driving away. Since you don't say where the sound
> comes from I suggest you take a look at this...

This is an interesting suggestion Jeroen. The car does have an electronic
hatch lock, but the manual says nothing about it automatically locking just
after driving away. I can't really say where the sound is coming from, but
it does sound similar to a heavy relay engaging so there may be something in
what you say.