Old April 9th 07, 11:43 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Murph

Default New to Audi-especially allroad

Hi all,
I'm considering buying a 2001 allroad, 2.7T Quattro. The car is a
rocket, has almost 51k on the odometer, fully equipped sans sunroof &
Nav system. I'd rate it as in very good condition. We haven't arrived at
a price yet, though I'd be buying it from a good friend.

I've done as much research as I can but have a few concerns.
1. Tranny probs seem to be most common, specifically the Tip-Tronic. Any
comments?

2. Just how expensive is routine service in general? I've been a devoted
driver of stodgy Volvo's, RWD only. Easy car to work on & I can perform
the heaviest of routine repairs, ie; brakes, struts, bushings etc. I
just don't wanna do it anymore?

3. Any pitfalls I need to be aware of going in with my eyes as wide open
as possible? I LOVE the car. Thnx. for any advice.

Murph