Old July 8th 13, 11:03 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Bob Hobden[_2_]

Default Uneven tyre wear on F10 5 Series

"Scott Dorsey" wrote

>Bob Hobden > wrote:
>>It went in for a BMW Kinematics Diagnosis System (KDS) and they too found
>>camber and toe seriously out on the rear, toe out on the front but the
>>camber on both front wheels within tolerance, the tyre shop said only the
>>right camber was correct. The BMW garage have adjusted it all and now
>>everything is within BMW tolerance (@ £290.53). No-one seems to know what
>>has caused the problem and I am assured it isn't a common problem with
>>F10/F11 5 Series cars, my own checks have also sown that. I will get it
>>checked again when I get the next set of tyres just in case it's our
>>terrible roads causing damage, although if it was it would be a common
>>problem.

>So, did they just adjust things, or did they replace things? And if so,
>what did they replace?
>
>And how does it drive now, compared with beforehand?

According to the invoice they just did adjustments, there are no parts
mentioned. However on checking the figures for the two tests, which appear
to be on the same type of machine, the tyre shop are using slightly
different figures for this model to that used in the BMW test. Not that it
makes that much difference to the fact almost everything was outside
tolerance.

The difference is noticeable, rather like changing from Bridgestone tyres to
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 ones on a non runflat car, a more planted, stuck to
the road feel. Especially at the back.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.