Old June 14th 10, 11:57 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default Radio Code

"Catman" > wrote in message
> "GT" > wrote:
>> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> 2 things worth trying:
>>>
>>> 1. Pull the radio, as it has often been scribbled somewhere on the
>>> casing with permanent pen.
>>>
>>> 2. Google something along the lines of 'Free Ford Radio Decode' -
>> > there
>>> are some free programs out there which can calculate codes from
>> > serial
>>> numbers.
>>>
>>> If that fails, I'd probably junk it and fit a 50 quid Lidl special
>> > that
>>> does MP3 / iPod connectivity.

>> I think Ford radios are sort of built-in to the dash - not standard
>> size and
>> not easily replaced without leaving big gaps, or unsightly plastic
>> surrounds. I might be wrong tho.

> You just get a fascia surround from Halfrauds. Like the the one I got
> for my GT.

Yes - that's the 'unsightly plastic surround' I was talking about. I have
one in my 156 and it doesn't quite match the colour of either the radio or
the aluminum effect part of the centre console. Also, its clips didn't hold
it in place very well as the front of my radio is removable for security and
it tended to pull the fascia off most times too! Bluetac was the answer to
that by the way!