Old June 11th 10, 04:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default Radio Code

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:08:41 +0100, "Dave Savage"
> wrote:

>Slightly OT, but here goes : my son has lost the radio code for his Ford KA.
>If you lose the radio code, is it reasonable for a dealer to charge £30 to
>obtain it for you ?

If you think about *all* the labour and equipment overheads plus the
need to make a profit to stay in business, £30 sounds reasonable to
me. Doesn't mean to say I'd *like* to pay it but that's another issue.

>I would have thought it's a quick query on a
>computerised database - £5 to charity would be a fair charge.

I've never been to a main dealership (or Indy for that matter) and
thought any were remotely charitable organisations! I've had favours
as a regular but little else.

Your son needs to organise himself a bit better if he hopes to glide
through life in an easier low cost fashion than would appear to be the
case! ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)