Old March 13th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default F1 Qualifying... run that past me again

>I think the "who can refuel and when and by how much" thing is an
>unnecessary complication as well.

I thought so to until one of the Speedtv guys gave the rational, the
more laps you run in the 3rd session the faster you go because of the
lowered fuel load, so each team is encouraged to run as many or more
laps then the other guys. This keeps the maximum cars out on track in
front of the fans instead of them all waiting until the last 2 minutes.
At least that's the theory. I imagine monaco will throw a monkey
wrench into it...

The first session is to eliminate the wheat from the chaff and the 2nd
is to give TV time for the mid feilder's sponsors.....

Of course it's all for TV, what do you think timeouts are for in
Football and basketball, Hockey has TV breaks built in as well, they're
called penalties.

The one car at a time qualifying was like watching paint dry (or like
watching nascar qualifying)...