Old March 12th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default F1 Qualifying... run that past me again

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Gee....care to fathom who racing is catered to? With the so called
> "largest TV audience" in the world, I guess "created for TV" is just
> what the doctor ordered. You have a better idea? Lemme guess....the old
> 12 lap/1 hour session where all the teams hid in the paddock until 10
> minutes remained and then went out and exchanged fast times between the
> same 4 drivers? Yep, entertaining TV no doubt.

Agreed. The best change, IMO, is the tire rule. The one set per race thing
sucked, at least for me. I hope that they get a bit more of close racing.
Last year was an improvement, but 3-4 cars on the lead lap (educated guess)
average per race is still sometimes boring. Anyone know if they are going
back to slicks? I think moving to slicks and decreasing downforce might help
some.......But the big money teams would probably still be able to design
around it.

Ed