Old March 5th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default $300.00 Hardtop - Missed out

"pws" > wrote in message
> This is an ad that I missed by one day on my local Craigslist.
>
> "Item is pending sale. Several offers have been received. Thanks.
>
> Early body style hard top (Red) that has been garage kept and is in great
> shape. Was previously used on our 1996 Miata MX-5. The paint is not
> cracked or faded. Feel free to call me at ***-****. ask for Joe"
>

> I'll bet he has received some offers at $300.00 with no fading or damage.
> I wonder if he'll stick with his original price.
> My only consolation is that it won't fit on my miata because of the
> rollbar.
>
> Pat

Reminds me of a deal I came across in our local classifieds in MN. It
advertised an early body-style red hardtop for only $250. Needless to say, I
drove down immediately to pick it up. It looked like it had been sitting in
that garage for years, and was badly oxidised due to neglect.

I bought it anyway, and had plans to give it a nice new coat of paint.
Turned out I didn't have to. A simple polish-and wax job restored it to a
brilliant red!

A year later, when I traded my red '93 for a nice black-on-black '95, I
bought a black hardtop with defroster locally for $700, and sold the red
hardtop on eBay for $1000!=)

Patrick
'95 Triple Black