Old June 4th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
Steve[_1_]

Default Windshield Repair Kits - do they work well?

wrote:

> I have a small impact on my on my windshield from a rock the size of a
> pencil eraser along with a hairline crack about 1/4 inch long. I want
> to have the windshield repaired so the crack doesnt grow. Most places
> want $50 to repair it. My car is old and I plan to get rid of it in
> the fall.
> I noticed that Permatex and Loctite make repair kits for about $10
> that include a syringe and a crazy-glue like adhesive that supposedly
> fills the crack.
> Can anyone attest to the effectiveness of these kits and the
> difficulty in using them properly?
> Thanks

They seem to work OK, and are easy enough to use. I wouldn't use them on
a long crack, but I filled a pit that sprouted a 3" crack on one of my
cars with one of these kits, and the crack hasn't grown any further and
the pit is much less visible after being filled.