Old June 1st 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected][_1_]

Default Windshield Repair Kits - do they work well?

I have a small impact on my on my windshield from a rock the size of a
pencil eraser along with a hairline crack about 1/4 inch long. I want
to have the windshield repaired so the crack doesnt grow. Most places
want $50 to repair it. My car is old and I plan to get rid of it in
the fall.
I noticed that Permatex and Loctite make repair kits for about $10
that include a syringe and a crazy-glue like adhesive that supposedly
fills the crack.
Can anyone attest to the effectiveness of these kits and the
difficulty in using them properly?
Thanks