Old May 12th 12, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Mr. K[_2_]

Default '69 KG directionals dead.

In article >,
"John" > wrote:

> In my 70 T3 its the same relay. Wont affect the flash rate driving all four
> lamps because it is designed to detect a halving off current when a lamp
> goes out. Current obviously increases when all four lamps go on. You can pop
> the cover off these flasher relays and clean contacts.
> Its a fiddle but you can also uncrimp the emergency switch and clean
> contacts there. Probably just as easy to spend a few dollars and get a new
> one. Fuses ok?
> "Mr. K" > wrote in message
> > Is the directionals part of the emergency flashers circuit?
> > first the emergencies went out and now nothing. do they share the same
> > flasher relay unit?
> > --
> > Karma, What a concept!

Mystery close to solved. replacing the flasher. 3 prong square pants.
didn't do the deed. so in my infinite wisdom I pulled on a few wires
and voila they are now working. only 43 y.o. and the connectors must
have oxidized. /The emergency flashers still don't work, I wonder who
has these parts.
Thanks for the help.
--
Karma, What a concept!