Old January 18th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

Default Accord coupe - washer fluid container

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:49:24 -0600, "Pszemol" >
wrote:

>For the second time I needed to refil washer fluid in
>my 2004 accord coupe. I got the 1 gallon jug from the
>store when the washer nozzles stopped delivering fluid.
>Poured the bottle but before the bottle was empty
>the container in the car was full and overflowing.
>2-3 inches of the fluid left unused in the bottle.
>
>Is this what you get? Or my pump is not sucking all
>the fluid from the container?
>
>Why would you design a car with a washer fluid
>container just smaller than the widely available
>container the fluid is sold in the stores?
>
>Would you consider it as a bad design?

That's a really, really bad idea to let the fluid nearly run out
before refilling. I never let mine get more than a couple of inches
low. If you are ever driving on a dark road late at night in the
middle of nowhere, with 18-wheelers spraying you with dirty water, you
will understand why. If you never leave the city perhaps you can get
away with it.

Normally, with 3,000 mile service, Honda refills mine and I seldom
have to worry about it unless we have a lot of snow and/or rain.
Worrying about how much the washer fluid container held would be about
number 689 on my list of things to be concerned about.