Old March 24th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Hachiroku ハチロク

Default Which To Buy?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:12:34 -0800, isquat wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2:17 pm, "DodgeDriver" > wrote:
>> We are in the USA. Granddaughter is looking to buy her first car. She
>> is talking Honda Civic. Don't know why, but she believes that is what
>> she wants. She will have about $5,000 (US) to spend. I lean toward
>> something not more than 5 years old. Haven't started looking but
>> thought I would ask this group for opinions a Civic. Are all Civics
>> created equal or are there certain models/years to stay away from?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

> For $5k I'd buy an american over a jap car anyday. Much better value and
> reliability

Isn't this an oxymoron?

> because $5k buys you a dilapidated jap car and an american car
> in very good shape.

Bull. I bought a 1995 Toyota Tercel in 2001 for $1400 and sold it in 2004
for $1400 with 130,000 miles on it and PLENTY of life left in it.
Car was in near mint condidiotn, it had a dent in the door, ran like a top
and got 44 MPG with an AT. I needed to sell it to get the money to buy a
Supra. If you look hard and long enough, you can find deals.